aahhh another weekend gone! Just like that!!! Had a lot of fun with kids and of course during downtime, with my SIC customs ;p
This time around I'll like to introduce another saving cost measure for any inteprid SIC customisers out there. How to use that useless split CJ bodies that comes with the set into a fake skeleton and turn your CycloneJoker Extreme Armor into Gold version. :D
Before we proceed, I'll like to point out one thing first: this is how much a CycloneJoker Extreme Gold limited figure costs:
Thats in USD by the way.
Thats awesome price but you can make one urself pretty much easily with lesser costs :D
Also there is already a guy from Japan who made a tutorial on making fake skeletons but its all in Japanese :/ so i did my skeleton my way. http://blogs.yahoo.co.jp/damien_sancho/61903344.html
First you need to buy something and that is its gold wings. Go here for a cheap fake version. Its as sturdy and as error free as the original wings:
Its like only SGD10! But you still need to pay for shipping costs and you need an agent to help you buy it. Overall SGD25 will do to get those wings. In fact thats kinda high cost too due to the fact it was my virgin taobao purchase via an agent ;p There is a number of agents who can help you in this. For non Malaysians, you can try this site: http://chinabuyagency.com/
Now that you have the wings via a lazy way (you can actually custom them urself, just buy a few of those plastic sheets to make them but i feel making them by carving all those details out of the plastics compared to buying them off taobao, Ivalue my time more than SGD25 ;p)
All right, lets get down to business. Here is what you need to make the fake skeleton body:
1) The split static green and black bodies found in CJ sets
2) Double joints (see photo below, you can get these at http://www.hlj.com/) (you may not need this if you are prepared to sacrifice part of the stand that comes from CJ set to use it as a joint for the fake body)
3) A blade
4) Super glue
5) A handdrill
6) Good to have: epoxy putty, if you dont have this its still ok, putty was used to just make the fake skeleton tougher
Right, so the objective of the tutorial is to turn that split static half bodies into a similar W skeleton as shown next to the bodies on the photo above.
1) Use your blade and start cutting the split bodies up. Cut the bodies into a pelvic part, a chest part and a belt part you see the photo below. You will also notice i have placed some joints between the parts. Thats to indicate those are the areas you need the joints to be placed in later. I have cut out those silver mechanical looking parts from his chest and back which is useful to make other stuff. Now you are ready for the next step.
2) ok lets look at the belt part. Cut the top and bottom inner parts of the belt away. This is so that the belt do not imped your pelvic part and your lower abdomen part when you move it and gives it slightly more poseability for very slight ab crunch. Anyway if you dont cut them, your skeleton will become elongated and forced your pelvic and lower abdomen parts downwards and upwards respectively. Then glue them together. For added strength drill tiny holes on the gold surface and glue steel wires between them before glueing the gold surface together to make the glued parts stronger.
Now you will need to do some drillings to the front and back surface to allow the pegs from the transparent front and back armors to fit in. Before you start random drillings, use a color pen (preferably white or silve) and color on the peg surface of the transparent armor. Measure where the transparent armor will be attached to your fake chest part and poke the transparent armor near your chest part. The colored peg with the paint will then imprint a chop on the chest part on exactly where you need to drill.
Now for the drillings itself, for the front surface try to drill it with intention to drill a hole that is facing upwards. This is because the front transparent armor's pegs appear to be facing upwards. Not sure if this is a defect on my set or its for all set but thats how it is. If you dont drill slightly upwards, your front transparent armor wont attach all the way into your chest part. This will prevent the side chest green and black armors to be inserted all the way into the chest part as the transparent part will block them.
So finally you will drill 2 holes in your front and 2 in your back surface. This may take a couple of attempts to get it right. Eventually you will see that the transparent parts can be inserted nicely on your chst part like the photo below. Test it a few times with the side green and black chest armors to make sure the position is correct.
4) We're not done with hte chest part yet. You now need to drill a hole on the top surface of the chest part. Not a gigantic big hole or very deep one, just a half circle socket like hole will do.
Take the double joint I have shown you earlier above, cut out one of the ball joints, coz you dont need such a long joint. Then you cut the remaining ball joints a bit around the edge of the ball itself. This is because the ball joint will be too large for CJX's neck to go in. You wil notice on the photo below that the ball joint has been cut at the sides and the top of the ball. Kinda made it looked multi-hexagonal. Test it with the CJX neck a few times when you are cutting the ball to make sure you dont over cut. Now, glue the stick part of the joint on the small hole you drill on the chest part.
As an added measure (you dont need to do this if you dont have putty), you can stick epoxy putty all around the glued joint between the double joint and the chest part to make it stronger. You can do the same with the neck joint as well (again see photo below). I also used oyumaru resin to cast a mold to make those drivers for the side of his belt (see photo below for the 3rd time!).
Slip all the CJX armor on to it and you will have a full fully poseable CJX.
So there you have it, a fake skeleton bodied CJX.
The rest is extremely simple. Just repaint the transparent armor parts with clear yellow paint and add on the wings. Total cost approximately SGD80 :D
NOW, if you are more adventarous, you can turn your CJX into CycloneAccel extreme too :D And thats what I did with another fake skeleton :D :
Paint a coat of silver first, then a metalic red over it and lastly a clear red coat over all. Gives you an extremely shiny blood red armor :D
oh yea, if you find the tutorial above confusing, give me your comments on what you need clarifications on and i will respond to you in due course :D
Post production notes: Do NOT watch movies while making customs. Now my CJX Gold is taller than its suppose to be T_T